It’s every guest’s responsibility to verify the travel requirements before the cruise departure. MSC Cruises has worked with the authorities in all of the regions and countries in which the ships operate to ensure its protocol meets and exceed the required health and safety measures. The below details are subject to change.
The below requirements are valid for cruises starting from 1st October 2022.
All Guests embarking are strongly encouraged, but not required, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
MSC Cruises will no longer require vaccination or pre-cruise testing for most cruises sailing from US Ports with the exception of those cruises with ports of call in Colombia.
IMPORTANT: Guests arriving from international destinations to the US should check the travel requirements to enter US which currently require any person ages 18 years old or over to be fully vaccinated
For All Guests sailing from a U.S. ports with calls in Colombia:
- Vaccination is recommended but not required.
- Vaccinated guests must show proof of vaccination at embarkation and are recommended but not required to test for COVID-19 prior to their vacation.
- Unvaccinated guests ages 5 years old or older are required to show an RT-PCR or Antigen test taken no more than 3 days prior to ship embarkation
Tests must be laboratory certified. A rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes.
When a Guest is considered "fully vaccinated"?
- Guests who have received at least two doses of vaccine of Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca; Covishield; Sinopharm, Sinovac, Coronavac, Novavax/Covovax, - or in the case Johnson & Johnson, a single dose.
- Guests must present their original vaccination card or certificate reflecting two required doses at pier upon check in.
All guests are recommended to travel with their COVID-19 vaccination status and test results. While the vaccination is not required for boarding it could be requested in various ports of call and at local attractions.
The original test results certificate and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID 19 test certificate must contain: guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the centre that performed the analysis, technique used and negative test result.
All Crew members are required to be fully vaccinated and are regularly screened according to MSC Cruises Health & Safety protocol.
For more information visit our FAQ section.
Please click here to check the requirements for MSC Grand Voyages cruises.
Last updated: 18th November 2022