ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO THE MSC CRUISES PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION DUE TO COVID 19 EMERGENCY FOR CRUISES SAILING 30th SEPTEMBER 2021 AND/OR ANY LATER DATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Due to Covid 19 emergency, Passengers are asked to carefully read, acknowledge and accept the following measures that will be in force during the cruise, starting from the departure until disembarkation:
- Passengers are invited to wear a mask and bring with them a sanitizing gel on their way from home to the ship.
- Each Passenger named in the Booking will receive with the ticket a health questionnaire to be filled in, signed and given to the medical staff at the berth not earlier than 6 hours before embarkation.
- Depending on the evolutions of the MSC Cruises’ Health & Safety Protocol as well as the guidelines from national and international Health Authorities, Passengers may be required to undergo a COVID-19 test before embarkation. Conditions about the relevant timing and type of test vary according to itinerary and international mobility restrictions. Should the Passenger test positive, he/she will be denied embarkation and will be provided with shore assistance. Passengers may be required to prove to have received at least 2 (two) doses of WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine, as well as to show a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test. Any relevant further details shall be timely communicated by the Company through its usual communication channels.
- Passengers are required to arrive on the pier according to the time schedules indicated in the cruise ticket to reduce the risks of mass gatherings.
- Before boarding the ship and at each time of embarkation after a shore excursion, Passengers will undergo a temperature screening. In case of temperature equal to or above 37.5 degrees/99.5 F°, boarding will be denied on the grounds of safety.
- Should the medical staff deem it appropriate, Passengers may be subject to further testing and medical evaluation until cleared for boarding.
During the cruise
- Passengers shall be subject to daily temperature checks and/or any other health and safety measures as deemed appropriate by the Company, the ship’s doctor or the Master.
- Free medical assessments for any COVID-19 related symptoms will be available throughout the cruise.
- Passengers shall abide by the measures prescribed by the Company to implement social distancing between Passengers - as well as between Passengers and crew- in all public spaces in accordance to the guidelines given by the Authorities.
- In addition to maintaining social distancing, unless otherwise stated in onboard signage, Passengers shall be required to always wear face masks in the indoor public areas, except when seated in bars and restaurants. When outdoor, face mask is mandatory only when a safe distance cannot be maintained, unless onboard signage states differently.
- All entertainment activities shall be organized according to specific protocols to be followed on board, including but not limited to, cleaning and disinfection of the materials, limiting the number of participants, social distancing, wearing of face mask.
- Onboard services may be subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions adopted or referred to the COVID-19 situation.
- With the aim to protect Passenger’s health, reduce its risk of infection while ashore and make sure that every aspect of the Passenger’s experience during an excursion is fully in line with the on-board standards of health and hygiene, getting off the ship during a port call is permitted only in a context of a Shore Excursion organized by MSC Cruises. The Company reserves the right not to admit on board any Passenger who disembarked the ship on its own.
- Each Passenger is required to have in place an insurance policy covering, from the time the Holiday Package has been confirmed to the end of the Holiday Package, Covid 19 related risks such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, and hospitalization.
- Passengers will be asked, at embarkation, to provide evidence of their insurance policy in order to verify the details of the insurer, the insured amounts and full details of the COVID-19 insurance coverage. Passengers failing to provide this documentation will be denied boarding.