ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO THE MSC CRUISES PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION DUE TO COVID 19 EMERGENCY FOR CRUISES SAILING 24th JANUARY 2021 AND/OR ANY LATER DATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Due to Covid 19 emergency, Passengers are asked to carefully read, acknowledge and accept the following measures that will be in force during the cruise, starting from the departure until disembarkation:
- Passengers are invited to wear a mask and bring with them a sanitizing gel on their way from home to the ship.
- Each Passenger named in the Booking will receive with the ticket an health questionnaire to be filled in, signed and given to the medical staff at the berth not earlier that 6 hours before embarkation.
- Passengers travelling from high risks countries, based on guidelines from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, will be required to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test within 72 hours before boarding. Tests results will be required at embarkation and in case of positivity, boarding will be denied on the grounds of safety.
- Passengers are required to arrive on the pier according to the time schedules indicated in the cruise ticket to reduce the risks of mass gatherings.
- Before boarding the ship and at each time of embarkation after a shore excursion, Passengers will undergo a temperature screening. In case of temperature equal or above 37.5 degrees/99.5 F°, boarding will be denied on the grounds of safety.
- Should the medical staff deem it appropriate, Passengers may be subject to further testing and medical evaluation until cleared for boarding.
During the cruise
- Passengers shall be subject to daily temperature checks and/or any other health and safety measures as deemed appropriate by the Company, the ship’s doctor or the Master.
- Free medical assessments for any COVID-19 related symptoms will be available throughout the cruise.
- Passengers shall abide by the measures prescribed by the Company to implement social distancing between passengers - as well as between passengers and crew- in all public spaces in accordance to the guidelines given by the Authorities.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, Passengers shall be required to wear face masks.
- All entertainment activities shall be organized according to specific protocols to be followed on board, including but not limited to, cleaning and disinfection of the materials, limiting number of participants, social distancing, wearing of face mask where necessary.
- With the aim to protect passenger’s health, reduce its risk of infection while ashore and make sure that every aspect of the passenger’s experience during an excursion is fully in line with the on-board standards of health and hygiene, getting off the ship during a port call is permitted only in a context of a Shore Excursion organized by MSC Cruises. The Company reserves the right not to admit on board any Passenger who disembarked the ship on its own.
- Each Passenger is required to have in place an insurance policy covering, from the time the Holiday Package has been confirmed to the end of the Holiday Package, Covid 19 related risks such as related risks, such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization.
Passengers will be asked, at embarkation, to provide evidence of their insurance policy in order to verify the details of the insurer, the insured amounts and full details of the COVID-19 insurance coverage. Passengers failing to provide this documentation will be denied boarding.