IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION/PRE-BOARDING MEASURES AND SCREENING - TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
As of July 1st 2021 and for all sailings in the upcoming months, please note that all Guests will need to follow one of these requirements::
• Undergo a molecular or antigen test within 48 hours prior to the ship’s departure (not required for passengers under 2 years old)
• Be fully vaccinated (i.e full set of vaccine shots received more than 14 days before the start of the cruise, vaccines accepted: Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson)
• Have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 6 months
A COVID-19 test or Passenger locator form (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement: it’s every guest’s responsibility to verify this requirement before departure. In addition, a Passenger Locator Form needs as well to be filled in before entering in Italy (more information here).
The original test results certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish.
As per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo some Health and COVID 19 screenings including a COVID-19 test, a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check, at the terminal before boarding.
To allow a safe return home to our Guests in compliance with national regulations, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a molecular test (i.e RT-PCR) or an antigen test during their cruise. More information in the FAQ section.
We will deny boarding in case of:
• Symptoms such as fever (>37,5 C C / 99.5 F), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell in the 14 days prior to embarkation
• Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation
• Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
• Failure to provide the proof of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance policy (which must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish)
The MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol is developed with the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group and MSC Grandiosa has obtained the Biosafe Ship additional class notation from RINA.