Embarkation begins at the time indicated on your cruise ticket.
Check-in closes 1.30 hour before the ship is due to depart, except for American ports where check-in closes two hours before the scheduled departure time.
www.mscwebcheckin.com has been created to help ensure you get off to a flying start, speeding you through the embarkation process. Just switch on your computer and begin your voyage. It only takes a few seconds to enter the data from your identity documents and cruise ticket online!
Check-in online in 4 simple clicks:
1. Visit the www.mscwebcheckin.com site at least 48 hours prior to sailing;
2. Insert your booking information and you will find a personalized section to complete;
3. Fill in the compulsory fields relating to personal data and documents, then save the operation;
4. Print the documents to be attached to your ticket.
Please note that all passengers in the same cabin will need to register at the same time.
All guests of the MSC Yacht Club (on board MSC Preziosa, MSC Divina, MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia) will find an exclusive check-in desk and will be assisted with their luggage by the butler team at the terminal, who will escort them to the dedicated line for priority check-in.
On request, the butler will also unpack guests’ suitcases.
On embarkation, passengers should do as follows (in the order specified):
a) Deliver luggage to the designated staff, who will then have it sent directly to the passenger’s cabin. All bags should be labelled beforehand with the passenger’s name and surname, the name of the ship, the cabin number and the date and port of departure.
b) Go to the check-in desk with your cruise ticket and all personal travel documents required for your cruise.
c) After the document check, passengers will receive a Cruise Card. This is a magnetic card used for onboard payment of excursions, bar bills, laundry, in-cabin service, hairdresser, beauty centre, duty-free shops*, photographer and service charge. To activate purchasing with the Cruise Card, passengers must either register their credit card or leave a cash sum. Personal cheques are not accepted. The following credit cards can be registered onboard: Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Diners, JCB and American Express. This CASHLESS SYSTEM is valid on all ships.
As a safety precaution, Security staff may search Guests and their luggage and confiscate any item that the Company considers could risk the safety of Passengers, Crew of ship (such as arms, knives, boilers, irons etc).
*Depending on the itineraries and subject to applicable legislation.
Our onboard casino features the most popular attractions found in casinos all over the world, with games for players of all abilities. Try your luck at the slot machines or on the blackjack, roulette and poker tables. Feel the rush of adrenalin as you wait to see if lady luck is on your side.
Guests may withdraw up to a maximum of €2,000 per day if they have activated their Cruise Card by registering a credit card. This limit may be extended subject to approval by the shoreside Casino Operations Department.
Guests who choose to activate their Cruise Card with a cash deposit, on the other hand, may gamble up to the amount available on the Cruise Card.
1. United States: International travellers who are seeking to travel to the United States are now subject to enhanced security requirements. All eligible travellers who wish to travel to the U.S.A. by air or sea under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) must obtain an electronic travel authorization prior to boarding a carrier. To check which countries participate in the VWP and for any further information, please visit the website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
2. Egypt, Morocco and Gibraltar: For minors travelling to these countries, please consider that the "Birth Certificate with travel abroad authentication" and the “Identity Certificate for children" are no longer considered valid. Children under 15 years of age must therefore:
- possess their own passport, or
- be included in their parent or a guardian's passport, or
- possess another valid identity document for travelling abroad.
3. Lebanese and Syrian passengers visiting Tunisia: please note that starting from 20 September 2012 and until further notice, the Tunisian authorities will deny access ashore to the Syrian citizens resident in Syria, unless they obtained in advance a Tunisian visa on their passports.
Syrian citizens permanently resident in other countries as well as Lebanese citizens (regardless of their residence), shall have a daily visa upon arrival, subject to approval of the Tunisian authorities.
All the passengers eventually rejected upon debarkation in La Goulette/Tunis (or any other Tunisian port) can easily remain onboard throughout the call.
The information provided is up-to-date at September 2012; for the latest information and all other questions regarding travel documents and visas, please consult your travel agent.
Passengers are advised to consult their National Health Service prior to the cruise for information regarding recommended vaccinations. MSC Cruises declines all responsibility for passengers who do not adhere to the recommendations on the prevention of infectious diseases.