MSC CRUISES IS PLEASED TO SUMMARIZE SOME OF THE AWARDS RECEIVED DURING THE YEAR: AN HONOUR FOR THE COMPANY AND A REASON TO BE PROUD FOR EVEREYONE WHO HAS BEEN PART OF THE EFFORT TO ACHIEVE THESE GREAT RESULTS.
A steady stream of prestigious international awards won by MSC Cruises’s in 2011 continues to enhance the cruise ship company’s status as a global market leader committed to excellence.
The awards, which span a range of categories from best cruise line to best on board international experience, Spa, family friendly policies and most luxurious cabins, come with the vote of approval from guests, the media and the most discerning of critics in the industry.
““It gives us great pleasure to end 2011 on such a high note. These awards re-affirm the highest standards of excellence and attention to detail that we take so much pride in delivering aboard our fleet of 11 luxury ships to ensure our guests the finest of holidays and a life time of memories,” said Mr Pierfrancesco Vago, CEO MSC Cruises.
“The awards also embrace the world class quality of our MSC Aurea Spa and the unique concept of our ultra-luxurious MSC Yacht Club where our high-end guests can indulge in a sanctuary of exclusivity and privacy while still enjoying easy access to all the amenities that our magnificent modern day mega cruise ships offer,” said Mr Vago.
Positive confirmation from leading critics and organisations of MSC Cruises’ signature cuisine, superior service, style, interior design and exceptional entertainment and sporting facilities also augured well for the launch of MSC Divina in May 2012 as this 12th ship in the fleet would reveal a further perfection of all that had come before it.
Among the top awards won by MSC Cruises in 2011 are:
• The 2011 Cruise Operator of the Year at the third Lloyd's List Italian Shipping Awards ceremony held in Rome in October. The award sponsored by Unitramp Shipbrokers and supported by prominent bodies in Italian shipping recognised MSC Cruises’s long-term E5.5bn investment strategy that has seen the company move to fourth place in the world cruise ship rankings.
• The esteemed Oscar dei Porti Award at the 5th editionof Italy’s Gala of the Ports 2011 Awards Ceremony in the category of Ports “Cruises” as an international brand known worldwide for quality, beauty, comfort, taste and hospitality that every tourist wants. The award which recognises excellence and people who have distinguished themselves in the fields of marine and Italian Ports, said MSC Cruises gave its guests a fantastic dream reality while also paying careful attention to all aspects as a leader in sailing and navigation.
• Best Cruise Line of the Year Award won in Antwerp, Belgium earlier this year represented a major coup for MSC Cruises as it was the first time since 2003 that the company trumped its competitors. Sponsored by “Travel Magazine” it was voted for by travel agents on the basis of quality communication and trade promotions
• Best Cruise Company of the Year Award won at the annual Publituris Portugal Trade Awards in Lisbon in February was regarded as a significant honour as it came just one year after MSC Cruises started trading in Portugal. Sponsored by Publituris, the leading travel industry publication, the award represented a new category and was voted for by a jury of distinguished members of the tourism industry.
• America’s annual 2011 Leaders in Luxury Award which went to Richard E. Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises (USA), Inc. for developing and promoting the new MSC Yacht Club as a key-card exclusive ‘ship within a ship’ concept that has revolutionised the ultra-luxury cruise experience for upscale guests seeking privacy and exclusivity. Voted for by the editors of Luxury Travel Advisor and Travel Agent this prestigious award is presented to individuals who demonstrate superior leadership. The award identified the pampering MSC Yacht Club as a luxury experience with such perks as a private pool ringed by loungers, 24-hour concierge, private upscale restaurant, private bar and lounge, exclusive MSC Aurea Spa entrance and treatment areas, the services of a butler, and complimentary wines and spirits.
• Best Cabins Award in the first ever international Cruise Critics 2011 Cruiser’s Choice Awards for the ultra-luxurious MSC Yacht Club suites featuring private pools and sun decks on the celebrated foredecks of the company’s flagship MSC Splendida. The 71 top of the range suites received a pre-eminent 4.9 out of 5 rating in what was regarded as a genuine testament to the MSC Yacht Club concept which allows couples or families to enjoy a club-lounge cruise experience with all the facilities of a large cruise ship.
• Best for Well BeingAward for the luxurious MSC Aurea Spa aboard MSC Splendida took the vote from over 180 000 readers in the United Kingdom’s inaugural Cruise International Awards held in London in September. The major award lauded the five star, sumptuously designed Spa as providing the very best facilities and treatments with its saunas, Turkish bath, solarium, relaxation room, massage room and whirlpool baths and extensive choice of treatments, from hot lava stone and traditional water treatments (a legacy from Roman times) through to Balinese, Shiatsu and Thai massages.
• “Best On board International Experience” Award in the 13th Annual Readers Choice Award in an online and paper ballot run by the leading American cruising magazine Porthole. Published in Florida and distributed throughout the United States, Porthole’s readers represent one of the largest and most discerning cruising sectors in the world.
• Family-Friendly Policy Award was won by MSC Splendida at the 2011 Holiday Fair in the Netherlands where parents and children voted them tops for the “kids holiday award.”
• The National Best Bet Award at the Atlantic Excellence Awards Edition (Premios Excellence Edición Atlántico) in Spain for best pricing in the Cruise News category.
About MSC Cruises:
MSC Cruises is the world's leading cruise company in the Mediterranean, South African and Brazilian markets and operates across the globe. It's modern fleet comprises eleven ships: MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia, MSC Poesia, MSC Orchestra, MSC Musica, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Armonia, MSC Opera, MSC Lirica and MSC Melody. MSC Magnifica, launched in March 2010. The fleet will increase in size with the addition of the MSC Divina which will be christened on May 26th in Marseille in 2012, France. The fleet cruises year-round in the Mediterranean and seasonally in Northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean & the Antilles, South America, the Indian Ocean, South and West Africa, Red Sea. MSC Cruises is the only company in the world to receive the "6 Golden Pearls" award from the Bureau Veritas in recognition of its high level of quality management and environmental responsibility. MSC has also achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 certification for the quality and food safety of all aspects of its catering, both onshore and onboard. MSC Cruises cares about the welfare of children, and as a responsible market leader believes in making a positive impact in the regions where it operates. To this end, the company recently forged a partnership with UNICEF to fund a community project aimed at providing disadvantaged children in Brazil with a quality education.